I am a busy physician, mom, wife sister and friend living all the roles. I will be truthful some days are easier than others. I struggle with daily stressors, trying to take care, everyone, in my life and be the rock-solid mom for my boys.
But let’s face it we have our daily challenges. Then I remind myself how grateful I am to have this amazing life and family and my patients.
I work with my patients to create healthier happier lives and here are Dr. S ‘s
- Easy steps
1. Morning meditation: Starting your morning with morning meditation. Don’t touch your phone or electronics until it’s done. It takes less than 2 minutes. Start your day on the right tone.
2. Set SMART goals: While driving to work think about 1-2 small achievable tasks you want to accomplish today.
3. Gratitude: before dinner and before you go to bed say three things you are thankful for today. It may be: I am grateful for the hug from my son, smile from a coworker or a beautiful flower you noticed.
4. Aim for progress, not perfection: Simple small steps can lead to big changes. Keep at it.
5. Be consistent: Once you incorporate a new habit into your daily routine, stay consistent and keep making progress. Readjust: reset: restart if any difficulties.
6. Smile often: Studies have shown that smiling releases endorphins, natural painkillers, and serotonin. Together these three neurotransmitters make us feel good from head to toe. Not only do these natural chemicals elevate your mood, but they also relax your body and reduce physical pain.
7. Eat real foods: Foods nourish our body and provide us energy. Ditch that bag of chips and choose those yummy in-season fruits like strawberries or blueberries or an apple.
8. Find a partner at work or your neighborhood to partner with to keep you on track and improve your accountability.
Disclaimer: Please consult with your own physician for any health concerns. This information is for educational purposes only.
By: Dr. Arpita Surkunte
Medical Director and Founder
Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine